We are looking for a permanent/full time Front-End Web Developer with a love for code and an eye for design. You will work with our designers and bridge the gap between visual designs and technical implementation. You will take an active role on both sides, defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ability to interpret a design and develop a solution. Will be required to work directly with the design team and back end development team throughout the development process. Understanding of the different design approaches and how they relate to user experience is key.
You will be willing to learn new technologies and languages along the way and be well versed in testing your work to the very best standards.
Required Skills and Experience
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Strong experience with Tailwind and Bootstrap (3/4/5)
- Good foundation with using source control software
- Working knowledge of accessibility and writing code to standards
- A strong portfolio of web projects
- Ability to provide accurate estimations and work within budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience in building responsive websites, using a mobile-first approach
- Ability to pick up and learn existing projects quickly
- Self-sufficient and able to work alone, but can also work in a development team
- Focused on performance and knows how to get the best out of their code
- Experience working to and extending existing design guidelines
- A quick learner who is comfortable picking up new technologies
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience using task runners such as Gulp, Webpack or Grunt is desirable
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Sage 9/10
- Experience with Laravel (blade templates)
- Experience with PHP
- Competitive based on experience
- Pension contributions
- Generous Holiday allowance
- Training and personal growth plan
- Flexible working policy
- Flexible split between WFH & Glasgow studio
- 2 weeks shut down at Christmas
- Bonus scheme
- Mobile phone allowance
- Regular social events / Friday beers
Useful alongside your CV when applying
- Details of your best work and any links to said projects
- Your portfolio
Send your application to email@example.com or via the form below.
No agencies please.