We are a creative agency based in Glasgow City Centre. We help our clients to tell their story through branding, print and digital projects. We have a diverse range of clients across the UK from a two person business up to an organisation of over 1,000 people across a variety of sectors. We have hospitality specialism with a strong reputation in that industry. Our most valuable asset is our team. You would be joining a tight-knit team that work hard together to produce exceptional creative for our clients and we hold each other accountable to high standards. We work well together and we enjoy the challenges that our clients throw at us as well as the occasional night out to celebrate our successes. We also have a flexible working policy, allowing our team to work where they want, when they want.
BELONG – We are a team of passionate individuals producing effective design & digital for growing businesses.
BELIEVE – Our work makes a difference by being aligned to the goals & objectives of our clients’ businesses.
ACHIEVE – Pride from delivering exceptional work in a friendly agency as part of an experienced & dedicated team.
We are in a phase of fast and deliberate growth and want to add some exceptional talent to the team.
We are looking for a dedicated individual with the right skills, willing to learn to join us to deliver the increased workload we have been experiencing further to new client wins. We have a strong track record of investing in, and nurturing talent and need an individual with a proven track record in a professional web development role, where you have demonstrated the ability to take ownership of design, development and deployment. Experience for this role is essential as we need someone who can come in and start adding value to the team straight away.
About The Job
- Writing and maintaining high quality code
- Building Websites from Flat Designs / Provided HTML
- Assisting in larger development projects
- Training & Events to grow your skills
- Following and enforcing software best practice and processes
- Continually enhancing and building a deep knowledge of products and tools
- Researching, updating and maintaining plugins
- Contributing to Server Management
- Experience of dealing directly with clients
- Cool, calm and collected under pressure
- Ability to manage several projects / juggle your own workload to meet deadlines
- At least 2 years web design and development experience
- An in-depth knowledge of WordPress and Laravel
- Able to work with source control (Github or Bitbucket)
- It would be be an advantage if you have knowledge of the Advanced Custom Fields wordpress plugin
- Some understanding of Adobe products such as XD for wire-framing
- Working with MySQL and phpMyAdmin for Database hook up
- SSL (Adding, updating) for hosting transfer
- DNS Record Management
- A demonstrable track record of “taking ownership” and “exceeding client expectations”
- Attention to detail is very important
Benefits of Team SHINE
- Competitive salary based on you and your experience
- Pension contributions
- Generous Holiday allowance
- Regular social events / Friday beers
- Training and personal growth plan
- Flexible working policy & hybrid working locations
- 2 weeks shut down at Christmas
- Mobile phone allowance
This Bit Is Really Important!
We would like to receive your application to email@example.com – while you can apply for the role through Linkedin please e-mail your CV and covering information too and include answers to the points below… This is the important bit. We would also like you to do three things for us, this will show us that you have attention to detail and we don’t want a ‘copy & paste’ application for this role. So, aside from your CV and any form of portfolio pdf:
- We would like you to pick your preferred website from our hospitality clients and tell us why you like it
- We would like you to tell us what you would improve about the SHINE website
- We would like you to share a project that you are most proud of and why.
The salary we are offering will naturally be fair, negotiable and will be based on the person and the skills that we feel is the best fit for the business as well as skills and potential.